Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Where does the time go??
(Blogger won't let me add any pictures and videos! Not sure what is going on...)
Monday, February 14, 2011
This weekend, we went wine tasting in Temecula while Grammy Sol and Grampa Ken (and Uncle Patrick) watched our little lovebug for us. We had so much fun! Thanks to them for giving us a few hours off to spend time alone together.
Avery also had a Valentine's Day photoshoot with a friend, http://www.bayerphoto.blogspot.com/ a few weeks ago, and the pictures turned out great.
Enjoy some pictures of Alex and I from years past, and Avery's Love Day photo shoot!
Happy Valentine's Day to you all! xo
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Expand your existing Prism Video Monitoring System with an additional camera! Watch your little one in the nursery and living room without having to move the camera units around or even watch two children in different rooms at the same time. This add-on camera allows you to see it all from one conv...
WASTE OF $$$$$$$$$
Pros: Clear Signal, Simple, User Friendly
Cons: Glitchy, Parent unit stops working, Poor Battery Life, Bad Range
Describe Yourself: First Time Parent
Not only has my monitor completely stopped working TWICE in less than 6 months of ownership, but both times I called to notify customer service, I was treated as if I was inconveniencing the people I was speaking to. NOT ONCE was I apologized to for the fact that I had no way of monitoring my baby sleeping for almost 2 weeks while waiting for paperwork and a new unit being shipped to me. No one said, "Sorry your monitor broke after only owning it for 2 months" This complete and utter lack of customer service coupled with the fact that this product is not worth even half what I paid for it, I am asking for a refund and taking my business elsewhere. Do not make the mistake I did in purchasing a Safety First Prism Color Video monitor.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
- Avery weighs 20 lbs, 5 oz and is 28 inches long (she has come a long way from her 7lb 7oz birth weight!)
- She is wearing size 3 diapers and is in 6-12 month and 9 month clothes.
- We are upgrading her car seat to a *convertible one this month, her little feet hang off the infant seat and she is too heavy to carry in it anyway! She will have this car seat until she is 65 pounds!
- Avery is rolling allllll over the house! She will scoot on her belly by pushing her feet into the carpet and then when she really wants to move, she will just roll over and over to get where she wants to go. We think she will officially crawl this month!
- She loves to sit on the floor and play with toys in front of her, especially ones that make noise
- Avery LOVES music and singing! A sure-fire way to get her to smile at you is to sing Wheels on the Bus, Ants Marching or Hush Little Baby
- She is an eating machine! She gobbles down sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, apples, pears and bananas. I made some baby food for her and she isn't a fan, but I am going to keep trying!
- Avery is getting the hang of her sippy cup, and we keep giving it to her to practice with
- We took her to the beach last week, and she took a nap most of the time. I am going to have to get over my intense dislike of sand pretty soon...
- Avery is still getting over her first cold and ear infection, poor baby
- She says "mama" "dada" and "baba" pretty regularly but doesn't seem to be associating them with me, Alex or her bottle yet.
*The convertible car seat we chose (after MUCH research and mommy-friend advice, is the Britax Boulevard CS
But, we were in a little condo for the last year and quickly outgrew the space with all the baby stuff that Avery came along with. So we upgraded!
We found an amazing house in a community directly behind where we were already living, talk about an easy move! We are finally settled in and are definitely in love with this house and hope we can stay here for a long long time. Come visit us anytime! We have 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2900 sq feet and an ocean view from the yard and master bedroom! The gorgeous sunsets flood our kitchen and living area every evening and I feel like I am making dinner on a tropical island. We feel like we are kids playing house, as neither of us have lived in a house since we were home with our parents! So fun :)
Enjoy some pictures of our pad (from my cell, poor quality), more to come as we (slowly) unpack.