We had her one year appointment on Tuesday and here are her stats and of course, some photos.
- Avery weighs 26 lb 2 oz (95th%) and is 30 inches long (82nd%)
- She has been walking for a month now and gains confidence and speed every day. She can now stand up from sitting without using something (or someone!) to crawl up on. She can also bend down to pick something up without sitting down to do it.
- She watches a video, Baby Signing Time, every morning while she eats breakfast. She absolutely loves it and I find myself singing the songs all day long too! She can sign: more, all done, banana, hat, dog, cat, goodbye, and thank you! Such a smart baby we have.
- She is getting a bit more picky with what she eats and definitely prefers things seasoned and/or cooked. Her favorite food is still cheese but she enjoys fruits (especially mango and banana), veggies (especially sweet potato), grilled chicken (sometimes) and veggie burger patties all the time! She also really enjoys hummus, lentils, raisins, Cheerios and canned peas!
- Avery does NOT like milk and it is driving mama a bit crazy trying to find ways to get her to drink it. I cut out bottles and formula cold-turkey on her birthday, hoping she wouldn't notice the transition to milk from a sippy cup but no such luck! I have brought the bottles back to attempt the transition again (mixing milk with formula and decreasing the formula each day) but she has noticed the milk in the smallest amounts! She won't even eat it with cereal! Soooo, the milk saga continues. (I make sure she eats a cheese stick and a serving of plain yogurt every day, so she is getting the nutrients she needs.)
The link to the photos on her blog is here: