updated shabby background code jan 2011

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It Keeps Happening...My Birthday

So I am 31. Get over it. I am! Getting older sucks just as much as it does rock (at this stage, at least!) so I am just going to see the glass (of non-alcoholic wine, ugh) half-full and be happy about where my life is at this age, and for all the amazing people I have in it! That is what it is all about, right?
My fantastic husband out-did himself this year! He took Avery downstairs as soon as she woke up so I could sleep in a little bit, then they both came up with home-made french toast on a tray! After my delish breakfast in bed and a few wonderful gifts, I was told to go enjoy myself for a few hours. So after my OB appt (not necessarily my choice but enjoyable none the less) I went and got a shellack mani which turned out really good. Then, we went and picked up Alex's cousin Jessalyn, and Uncle Gus from the airport as they were staying with us for the weekend from Utah. They babysat Avery for us so Alex and I could enjoy a great dinner at Jake's Del Mar. I really felt special all day.
On Sunday, my dad, step mother and Oma came down to take us out to brunch and for a visit. In the afternoon, we had family over for a joint birthday BBQ for myself and Alex's mom whose birthday is on January 15th. Alex took care of everything and the food was delicious and the company was fabulous.
It was a really great day and I am thrilled to be who I am, where I am, and at the age I am. If I wasn't 31, I wouldn't be living in this amazing house in Carlsbad with a sweet baby girl in my arms and another in my belly, with my best friend of all time. LIFE IS GOOD!


Breakfast in bed by Chef Boyar-hubby
Gifties from momma and flowers from Court :)
Dinner with my love and a Hula Pie, what more could a girl ask for??
Happy Birthday to ME!
 (Umm, I want that corner piece with LOTS of frosting ;)

This family loves to take big pictures (Avery was napping)

No comments:

Post a Comment