updated shabby background code jan 2011

Monday, November 17, 2014

Grady is ONE!

I am not sure how this happened since I have been asking him very specifically nearly every day to NOT GROW UP and STAY MY BABY FOREVER, but he went ahead and turned one anyway. Maybe it's a last baby thing or maybe it's a son thing, or maybe both, but this one hit me hard. I was an emotional mess in the days leading up to his birthday, couldn't keep from tearing up every time someone mentioned his birthday. I remember clear as day meeting him for the first time on October 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM after 8 hours of a slow and (mostly) calm labor. The past year since then has flown by as they always do, but my heart STILL skips a beat when I think of how lucky I am that he came into our lives. Having 3 kids is crazy at times, but how could I NOT have him!?! My heart swells with love and pride when people comment on his beautiful blue eyes and tell me I'm lucky I got my boy. Grady has a very special piece of my heart and I can't WAIT to watch him grow. Only, not so fast, okay buddy?
Ok, enough of the gush fest! To celebrate the big day, we had a small, family-only, colorful balloon themed birthday party at our house for him. I love hosting and planning parties and this one was no exception. (Except when I realized it would be the last first birthday party I would ever throw, I had to sit down for a little bit...) Balloons everywhere!

I took this for his "Up" themed invitation


















Grady got lots of time with his grandparents and cousins. He loved his work bench, cars, puzzles and "boy" stuff (so did his sisters!) We are so lucky to have such a wonderful family to share these moments with.

No comments:

Post a Comment