updated shabby background code jan 2011

Monday, November 7, 2011

Avery is going to be a BIG SISTER!

That's right, we are expecting baby Klingensmith #2 on May 11, 2012! We are absolutely over the moon with this news and are so fortunate to have been blessed with another pregnancy. We tried for many months before successfully conceiving and we got the wonderful news just when we had "given up" temporarily, and that seemed to make all the difference!
Avery and I found out while Alex was at work so we waited to share the news with him until he got home. The plan was to dress Avery in a shirt I had bought for her when we first started trying that said Big Sister on it and see how long it took him to notice. Well, she went down for a nap late that day and of course, Alex came home earlier than expected. I had to wait for an hour with him home and not saying anything until she FINALLY woke up (that was the only nap she has ever taken that I wished wouldn't have lasted so long! haha!) When he volunteered to go get her like I knew he would, I watched in the monitor as he changed her diaper and then noticed the shirt. I got out the video camera and taped him coming down the stairs, asking "Honey, do you have something to tell me?" He was shocked and when I showed him the test he was still in disbelief!
We had our first appointment when I was 8 weeks along and we saw the heartbeat and confirmed my due date. It was really great visiting some of our favorite nurses, Teri and Sherry, that helped us through our pregnancy with Avery. They were so happy for us and loved seeing how big Avery had gotten.
We recently had another ultrasound appointment in which we heard the heartbeat (160 bpm) and saw how much bigger our little poppy seed/blueberry/peach had grown! They weren't able to tell the gender so we will just have to wait a few more weeks for that.
Avery doesn't really understand what is going on, but she can point at my belly and make the sign for and say "baby" so we think she will get the hang of it all soon enough. Now, if I can only stop her from wanting to bounce up and down on my belly!
Enjoy some pictures!

Proof! Aug 30, 2010

Happy Mama with a baby in her arms and her belly!

The Big Sis and a happily surprised Dada

8 weeks

13 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment