updated shabby background code jan 2011

Monday, February 27, 2012

Kelly's Baby Shower

My good friend Kelly from college is pregnant with her first child, a boy to be named Johnny Austin Neubauer. She is due 2 weeks after me on May 29th, and even though she lives with her husband Dan in Beufort, South Carolina, they were able to make it home to Yorba Linda this past weekend for her baby shower! I hadn't seen Kelly in months and I was so glad to have been able to visit with her and rub her cute little belly. She won't be back in town until the late summer with her new son, and I am looking forward to meeting him then!
The shower was beautiful, her mother and sister Shelly did a fantastic job arranging everything. We had a delicious sit-down lunch, played a few really fun games, and watched her "ooh and ahh" over all the little baby clothes and gear she will need when little Johnny arrives.
Kelly and Dan both come from 2 of the most wonderful and loving families around, and without a doubt, they will be the absolute best parents. Even though Dan is leaving in 2 weeks for a 7 month deployment, Kelly has the most supportive family to help her through delivery and the first few months of being a new mom. I wish I was closer to help her however I can, but since we will both be up late at night nursing newborns in the spring, I will make myself available for round-the-clock text messages and phone calls whenever she needs, haha!

Congrats to Kelly and Dan!! Enjoy the pictures.

Yorba Linda Country Club

Lots of gifts for baby Johnny!

Kelly, Courtney and me, all friends from college!
 
Grandma Tina, Dad to be Dan, Kelly, Grandma Carole, and Auntie Shelly

The grandmas are so excited!!

"Schmoopie" makes his appearance to help open gifts

Cute little boy clothes

A quilt that Dan used when he was a little boy

Little fighter pilot jacket!!

No comments:

Post a Comment