updated shabby background code jan 2011

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Harper's Nursery PART 3 (of 4, almost done!)

We have made some great progress on the nursery since I last wrote about it. I know pictures are worth 1,000 words, so here you go!


We hung Harper's wall letters and framed them with painted crown moulding (thanks honey!!) and it turned out great! We also switched out the knobs on her changing table/dresser with some cute glass pink ones. My mom made the changing pad cover out of the same fabric used for the bumpers.







I made a few crafty things for the room as well: a doily banner and hung it above her closet, some tissue paper poms I hung from the ceiling where the glider will be and an H for her door, like the A I made for Avery's door almost 2 years ago. My mom and I also made the bird mobile that hangs above the crib. Alex and I found the bookcase on Craigslist and gave it some fresh paint and a rustic sanding treatment.


I got these corner shelves from Urban Outfitters, and gave them a coat of ecru paint as well. They are perfect for holding the video monitor camera and a few decorative elements.


My mom HAND MADE the bumpers for the crib out of the fabric I ordered from Annette Tatum and a complimentary fabric that we searched high and low for, from Joann's. They turned out AMAZING, thanks Momma!!

So that is the latest! We still have a few things left to add: glider with pillow and possibly a pouf ottoman, a rug and curtains. The next post will be of the nursery completely FINISHED!
Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. It's so impressive and creative, Tisha! I'll bet you enjoyed preparing this little nest, and Harper is a lucky little one to be joining your family. :)

    ReplyDelete