updated shabby background code jan 2011

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

12 weeks

We had our second ultrasound last week and...
We are so thrilled and relieved everything is alright with this peanut! We had a few scary weeks in the beginning with this pregnancy. About a week after we found out I was pregnant, and two weeks before my first appointment with my OB, I experienced bright red blood. I freaked out and headed to the ER at Scripps Encinitas where I will be delivering this baby (we switched me off Kaiser after I had Harper, so I have a new OB and hospital this time around). After a pelvic exam, the ER doc recommended an u/s and thankfully, I saw the little baby!! It was VERY early, 5 weeks or so, so there wasn't much more than a sac and a dot but there was a flickering heartbeat and the tech was confident everything was ok. I saw my OB earlier than planned to confirm all was well, and we got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat again (120 bpm).


The blood was from a subchorionic hemorrhage which is basically benign blood trapped between the sac and my uterus, and it comes out when I over exert myself (the first time it happened, I was lifting Avery's queen mattress all around to make her bed). The only way for it to stop is to let it heal by resting. THAT is a tall order for a mom of a toddler and a 10 month old! But, after about another week of off and on bleeding and LOTS of worrying, it stopped and I haven't bled since.

This pregnancy already seems like the longest one EVER (and I know for a fact I said that with Harper too). Luckily, my symptoms have been there but much milder than both of my pregnancies with the girls. Avery was the worst (headaches, nausea, cramping...) Harper was milder than her and this one is the mildest so far.
I feel the worst in the evenings around dinner time, I just get grossed out by whatever healthy meal I am preparing for the family and usually skip eating it myself. I enjoy salads and smoothies which I HATED with the girls, only wanted carbs and starch. I also feel hungry almost all day and hit a wall of exhaustion around 7 at night, so bathing the girls and putting them to bed is hard for me. Alex is super helpful and has been doing everything he can to make it easier for me. I have to pee all the time, and that was actually my very first pregnancy symptom.

I am not showing anything besides food baby but I am bloated and rocking maternity pants for comfort (not that I ever really stopped wearing them, ha!)
 
Next post will hopefully be a gender reveal post! Yippee!!



No comments:

Post a Comment