updated shabby background code jan 2011

Monday, April 22, 2013

Baby Boy's Surfer Room

Literally, since I found out I was pregnant this time, I have been planning a little boy's room. I even have a secret Pinterest board full of all of my nursery ideas. I figured, if it was a girl, I could delete all the boy stuff and make another girl board. Though it wouldn't have had much on it since I would probably have re-used all the bedding I had for Avery's crib, which would have been super boring.
BUT, since I am having a BOY, I get to decorate a room! Yippee!
Naturally, the room will be surf/nautical theme. I love the blue/navy/lime green/white color combo for a boy, so that is where I started. I will be using Avery's dark brown crib and changer, and we already have a tan chair and a light so aside from décor and few minor things, there really isn't much to be purchased for this room.
(For those who care to know) Here are a few ideas I have!

I want to do a gallery wall above the changer with a variety of ocean/surf-related posters such as these:

Surfboard Evolution Print Retro Home Decor Surf Poster 11x17"San Diego Surf Spot Poster in Printable File -Made to Order
 
Some shelves like this (but darker, more natural-looking wood) would be really cool
 
 
Surf Board Shelves for a Beach themed nursery
 
With a few whimsical items such as this awesome vintage surf VW

Surf's Up Decor - Aqua Blue Vintage VW Volkswagon Beetle $28.00, via Etsy

I would love a bedding set like this from babybedding.com

Navy and Citron Zig Zag Crib Beddinghttp://www.babybedding.com/navy-and-citron-zig-zagClassic Navy and spicy Citron                      White and Lime Polka Dot Changing Pad Cover  Carousel Designs

Love this display of cute little boy things like shoes, ties and hats

love this display

I am having so much fantasizing and planning already!
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment