updated shabby background code jan 2011

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Grady's Nursery Progress

So I am halfway into my pregnancy, and as usual, the nursery ideas (and baby kicks!) are the only redeeming factors of being pregnant a THIRD TIME. Ugh, I am exhausted! But it is self-inflicted as there is definitely no rush, haha. But when the ideas float around in my head it drives me crazy until they are done so I just push through. And of course I LOVE decorating rooms, so fun!
Anyway, Grady's room was a simple guest room with not a whole lot going on. We moved Avery's crib and dresser/changer in there and moved the existing Ikea dresser into Avery's room. We decided not to paint the room for no other reason then we didn't feel like bothering with it a third time, haha. Also the white walls work just fine. If we owned the house I would repaint them white and put wainscoting on the bottom with grasscloth in the middle sections...but we don't so plain white they stay! The theme is surf/nautical and we are loving how it is turning out!

We got the navy/citron zig zag Harper bedding set from Pottery Barn and I love the simplicity of it.

I made the fabric pennant out of awesome fabric from Etsy. Love how the bench/bookcase turned out in the corner under the window.

We got this shelf from Land of Nod and I love all the display items! This is where the camera for the monitor and a sound machine will go as well.
 
This gallery wall above the changer is my favorite part of the room so far. I got the Wild Things and Surfboard prints from Etsy and some driftwood-looking frames at Home Goods. The print in the middle of the California coast surf spots is from Orange & Park and I mounted it on foam board and hung it with command strips. I made the G and the fabric covered canvases with fabric from Etsy. I got the Grady canvas made from a photo I took from Canvas Discounts (the only place I could find a square one!) The chevron changing pad cover is from www.Babybedding.com  and the surfboard is a bamboo cutting board I found at Bed Bath and Beyond

Here is a little collage of his room so far. LOVE IT!
 
 
Projects in process:
I need to replace the brown curtains with a cotton navy stripe shower curtain from West Elm I plan to cut in half and line with blackout curtains (thanks Pinterest!)
 
We are planning to display his name over the crib similar to how we did Harper's (check out that post here) with a dark wood frame this time. Also might put a piece of the surfboard fabric from the pennant banner behind the letters or some grasscloth to cover the plain white walls.
 
I also want to try to make a rustic wooden sign like this too
 
If I can convince Alex to move the futon down into the office, I will add the old tan glider to the room (and likely get a pillow and a pouf as an ottoman for it). I would love to get a canvas basket for toys in the corner underneath the wall shelf and some book shelves under the window and maybe a floor cushion...
 
Enough ideas to last me another 20 weeks haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment