updated shabby background code jan 2011

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Baby progress!

We went to the doctor today to get checked and we got some good news!  I am 1 cm dilated, and 80% effaced and advised to both "take it easy" and "walk walk walk !"  The first piece of advice is related the fact that my fluid level had dropped from 13 last week to 8 today.  If it gets down to 5, they will send me straight to the hospital for induction.  My next appointment is on Monday to check the fluid level. The latter piece of advice is to aid in the continued dilation and effacement of my cervix.  Whether I go into labor on my own or if I am to be induced because of a low fluid level, the fact that my cervix is "prepping" for labor is great news!
How am I feeling?  Well, after the news today my emotions have been all over the place, ranging from anxious to ecstatic.  Now that labor is imminent (I know, it has been imminent the whole time but it is becoming more real by the day!) I am a little scared of the fact that once labor begins there is nothing I can do to stop it and our lives will change forever!  However, I am much MUCH more excited that this is soon coming to an end and it won't be long before I will holding my little baby girl in my arms and introducing her to all my family and friends!
We have the car loaded up with the hospital bag, diaper bag and properly installed car seat, thanks to a visit to the CHP today.  So we are READY TO GO!
Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment