updated shabby background code jan 2011

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Holy Sack of Potatoes!

So at my growth-scan ultrasound today, the tech said that Avery weighs an estimated 5 lbs, 14 oz (which is almost 6 lbs, which is HUGE-sounding to me).  Babies are BORN that weigh that much, and it is totally tripping me out that something that huge is inside me.  Adding to that, babies at this stage gain about a 1/2 pound a week for the remainder of their gestation, which means if I get to 40 weeks, she could weigh upwards of 8 lbs (which wouldn't be surprising considering both Alex and I weighed about that much when we were born)! 
Honestly, I would be more than happy with a 7 pounder but I am so glad to hear she is growing well and healthy.  It also eases my mind to know that if she was born tomorrow (which I hope she isn't, momma still has some things to do!) she would be a healthy baby and do just fine without much intervention.
Carrying around a sack of potatoes in my belly does explain some of the less than comfortable aches and pains I have been experiencing, but no pain no gain, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment